World’s first Total Shear Force measurement device
iShear is the first clinical tool to measure Total Shear Force* (tendency to slide) in the seat plane. It helps you minimize sliding forces when setting up a wheelchair. It can be used on almost every common wheelchair by placing it underneath the cushion. No change in the client-seat base interface is required. Once installed, you can use the free iShear app for real time data monitoring.
The setup is easy: all you need is iShear and a mobile device. Simply download the free iShear app and off you go. It’s shear genius. iShear is a valuable tool which helps you to evaluate the set up quality of a wheelchair’s seating system in any environment, location and situation.
Discover how iShear works or have a look at the available clinical cases.
*Total Shear Force: The Total Shear Force in the seat plane measured by the iShear is the anterior-posterior force
Technical Specifications and system requirements
- Weight: 1,7 kg / 3.75 lbs
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 27 x 690 x 615 mm / 1.06 x 27.17 x 24.21 inches
- Material sensor bar: aluminium
- Material top layer mat: PU coated tricot and nylon fabric
- Batteries: 4 AAA 1,5V LR03 batteries
- Supported operating systems: iOS 10.2 or newer, compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch I Android 4.4 or newer
- Connection requirements: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE, also known as Bluetooth Smart). This Low Energy Bluetooth version is in general available on devices since 2011 (first BLE version was Bluetooth 4.0).
- Ambient temperature Minimum: -10 °C / 14 F, Maximum: 40 °C / 104 F
- Relative humidity Operating: 30 to 75% RH (non-condensing)
- Storage: 10 to 100% RH (non-condensing)
- The iShear can be used in a seat plane of 35 – 50 cm / 133⁄4 – 20 inch width and 35 – 50 cm / 133⁄4 – 20 inch depth.
- The back-support canes must be at least 30 cm / 12 inch apart from each other
- Allowed user weight on the iShear: Minimum: 45 kg / 99 lbs, Maximum: 120 kg / 264 lbs
- Two year warranty
- (Online) education available upon request